Strengths as a Translator & Interpreter
- Strong English writing background with experience as a reporter in the United States
- Lived in Japan for almost 8 years
- Clients based in the United States and Japan
- In-house experience at Square Enix and Honda R&D Americas
- Based in Los Angeles
- Will travel for work both in the US and abroad
Why Japan? A fascination with travel and a desire to go where few Midwest natives have ever been to lead me to the country, not to mention a strong interest in the culture and technology of Japan. My father’s IT work led him to several business trips in the Kanto region in the late ’90s, and a chance encounter with Japanese classes in college started me on the path to my current line of work.
Currently I work as a freelance Japanese to English translator and also do interpreting (consecutive and simultaneous) for both Japanese to English and English to Japanese. I also have in-house experience working as a translator and interpreter at Square Enix and Honda R&D Americas.
Get “Gung Ho!”: Japanese Interpreting and Translating in the North America Automotive Sector
Washington D.C., USA
A Practical Introduction to/Demonstration of CAT Tools
Relocating Outside Japan: Thriving through Times of Transition (Panel Discussion)
What is a CAT Tool and How to Use It?
Japanese Interpreters Panel